27 SEO Stats That Will Convince You To Have A SEO-Friendly Website
Are you one of those business owners who dismiss SEO because you think it’s not effective?
Well, while it might be a little subjective how effective SEO is for each industry, but it does not mean that you can afford to ignore SEO.
The hard fact is that SEO is still one of the most important factors that will determine your online marketing success in 2018. Only the approach to SEO has changed.
In today's SEO world, keyword stuffing and black-hat techniques are no longer sustainable. Getting backlinks from any website, without considering the domain authority score will not help you rank higher.
But, creating powerful SEO optimised content, an intuitive website structure, being mobile-optimised, having a smooth user experience in order to top the organic search listings will certainly help you rank better.
Here are 27 hard-to-ignore SEO stats for 2018 that might convince you to invest in SEO as a business strategy.
Why is SEO Crucial in 2018?
1. 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
2. 94% of all mobile and tablet search traffic comes from Google.
3. Search engines drive 300% more traffic to sites than social media.
4. In 2018, the average firm is expected to allocate 41% of their marketing budget to online, and this rate is expected to grow to 45% by 2020. Search engine marketing will capture the largest share of online spend.
5. 61% of marketers say improving SEO and organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority.
6. 82% of the marketers surveyed say SEO is becoming more effective and 42% of this group state SEO effectiveness is increasing significantly.
7. If your website is on page-2 of Google’s search results, it means 75% of people are never going to see it.
8. 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads, focusing on the organic results.
Are you Ready For Local and Mobile SEO in 2018?
9. 72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles.
10. Google “near me” searches have doubled over the past 2 years.
11. 61% of consumers use search engines to help them with product research before making a purchase.
12. Google drives 93% of Mobile Search traffic, followed by Baidu at 3%, followed by Yahoo and Bing.
13. 70% of mobile searchers click to call a business directly from Google’s search results.
14. 72% of consumers who perform a local search visit a store within 5 miles of their current location.
15. Average smartphone conversion rates are up 64% compared to the average desktop conversion rates.
16. 78% of local mobile searches result in an offline purchase.
Do You Publish Quality Content?
17. High-quality content and link building are the two most important signals used by Google to rank your website for search.
18. An average first-page result on Google contains 1,890 words of on-page content.
19. 72% of marketers worldwide said relevant content creation was the most effective SEO tactic.
20. 66% of best-in-class companies involve a search in their content creation process from the beginning.
21. Improvements in content have been known to increase blog traffic by as much as 2,000% and boost revenues by 40%.
22. Businesses publishing 16-plus posts a month get almost 3.5 times more traffic than businesses publishing zero to four articles.
23. Websites with blogs have 434% more indexed pages.
24. Websites that have a strong keyword in the business name rank 1.5 spots higher than websites with no keyword in the name.
Be voice, video, and mobile ready!
25. Voice queries have increased 3400% since 2008 (think long tail keyword).
26. By 2021, 82% of all consumer Internet traffic will be video, up from 73% in 2016. (think video marketing and SEO).
27. Washington Post reported a 50% increase in mobile search traffic after they switched to using AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages).
With so much competition in each industry, every business needs to find the right channel for digital marketing. If you have an online presence or have customers which are online (they must be), then investing in SEO can be totally worth it. Give us a call at 1300 339 170 or fill a short form to discuss your needs.