10 Ways To Create Engaging Content And Improve Organic Visibility
Now more than ever, an effective and properly promoted website is essential to your business success. The key to success in the online marketplace is Search Engine Optimisation. Critical to this process is the intelligent and targeted selection of relevant search keywords to ensure that your next customer is finding out about what you can do for them before they visit your competitor’s site.
SEO involves getting the density, distribution, and consistency of your targeted keywords exactly right through on page optimization. Web speed and the responsiveness of your website also play a major role in the success of your SEO campaign. Once the on-page optimization has been completed you can start to focus on the off-page strategy such as building a healthy backlink profile. Backlinks via social media, directories, articles, etc play a large role in determining search engine rankings, improving the chances that your online message is being delivered, not just to the most people, but to the right people your new customers.
There is a whole range of steps that need to be taken in order to prepare and maintain a website to maximise the search engine effectiveness of your target keywords. Below is a list of 10 essential factors to consider in order to make your website the no.1 sales member on your team.
- Establish your message with active words: Your website contains your online message and it is vital that it is heard within a highly competitive space. Your website content should be unique, consistent and use words that enable the browser to feel engaged with your content.
- Eliminate typographical and grammatical errors: Even a minor glitch can make your website look unprofessional and will discourage your potential customers and search engines from visiting your site.
- Have a strong customer focus: Make your website scannable and skimmable, enabling potential customers to quickly determine whether you are offering what they are looking for. Your website should focus on what the customer wants and needs and what they will receive from your business.
- Concentrate on customer emotion: Structure your website so that each visitor feels like it has been created just for them. Focus on the benefits for the customer and justify their time and expense.
- Include at least one call to action: Include a CTA to put the next desired step into the mind of a visitor and direct them towards a sale. Include helpful, informative links to other relevant and related websites (not competitors!) in order to improve your online credibility.
- Include blogs and articles: Writing or hosting a blog is a great way to provide first-hand expertise and experience online, and links to professional articles give your website improved professional credibility.
- Include useful and informative links: Include links to the same industries that your visitors work in. These may take the form of guides and resources, case studies, testimonials, videos, SOPs, instruction manuals, MSDSs, training materials, white papers, etc. and will make your visitors feel even more at home and feel that you care about their needs.
- Include glossaries: Include unusual or technical terminology to improve your visitor comprehension and enable them to get the most out of your website.
- Include Top 10 lists of relevant material: People love looking at lists! Include lots of great pictures and have as many as possible as links to further content.
- Go with a local SEO: They will be more familiar with the market you are operating in and provide better customer service. They will concentrate on achieving top results with geo-targeted search terms and local SEO is 75% easier to execute than global SEO and 20% of searches put more trust in local search results.